Requirements to join the JipProd poetry/prose gang:
- Your writing/music/performance should have a spark; you should be willing to learn and to share your work.
- If you want to be more involved, it could include handing out download cards and invites to readings & helping promote, produce, and participate in member-related events.
- Constructive criticism is fine if you ask first and are open to it.
- Be real and true; that’s a reasonable request (we vet all members.)
- Be a self-starter or be willing to learn that from us.
- Take responsibility for your own actions.
- Membership is not limited to people in Maine, but people in Maine are encouraged to join as they can make it to readings and scheduled events. A rural Maine attitude is good, even if you live in Chicago, Berlin, or Saigon.
- Be willing to do something to share the work of other members of the group. At bare minimum, sharing on social networks, talking it up (you know – tell two friends or two hundred friends…) At bare minimum, this could take ten minutes a week.